Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Valentine doily shirt

My sister came over last night with the supplies to make Valentine shirts for Brooklyn and Jacie. (She found the idea in Family Fun magazine.)
Usually what happens is she brings the supplies, but I actually end up doing all of the work, as was the case last night.

What you need:
shirt
paper doily
wax paper
tape
fabric paint
paper plate
sponge brush
*Put the wax paper (or newspaper) inside the shirt. 
*Tape down the doily where you want it on the shirt.
*Squirt some paint on the paper plate.
*Dip you brush into the paint and carefully blot all over the doily.
*Peel off the doily and let dry.
Now your cutie has a custom shirt for Valentine's day!

NOTE: I started thinking that it should say something like "be mine" inside the heart so I got out my stamps, but they didn't work so well in the fabric paint so don't try that.

2 witty remarks:

Kelli W said...

Very cute! I've been trying to think of a not so girly way to make my boys some shirts for Valentine's...I've got nothing so far!

TLF said...

too cute.. i love them!!