Sunday, November 6, 2011

halloween wrap-up {treats and costumes}

FIRST:  I just need to point out that I totally did not include a link to the website for the sexy mommy costumes.  I apologize.  HERE IT IS.

Anyway...
Yes, Halloween was over a week ago and I'm just now collecting my thoughts.  My kids are still begging for candy as soon as they wake up in the morning, and I hold out all day and then sneak Skittles and Starburst when everyone goes to bed.   
(No I don't.  Just kidding, yes I do.)

Here's a quicky little how-to of the Gus man's homemade bunting.  I pretend I know how to sew, but I really don't.  I mean, I can operate a sewing machine, but I have no clue about patterns or really anything else other than sewing a straight line.  I'm really good at winging it, and that's what I did here.  You might notice that I didn't take into consideration that the baby could crap himself and there's no opening in the bottom.  I might think about that next time...but that would include difficult stuff like snaps or zippers, and yeah...never mind. 
I cannot get enough of this cutie pie in his costume!  I mean, seriously!
The night before Halloween I realized Porter didn't have a Halloween shirt to wear to school, so I got up at 5 AM and sewed "Boo" onto a plain black t-shirt.
(He thought it was pretty cool.)

We had some super cute trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood this year!
 Libby the Bumble Bee
 Hank the Crocodile Hunter
and Jacie the 50's Girl
Brooklyn and I made the ghosts for her school treats.  
The pumpkin sodas were for the teachers.
(Both ideas snagged from Pinterest.)
Is anyone out there besides me already planning for next Halloween???

4 witty remarks:

Kelli W said...

Your little hungry caterpillar is so cute! And you described my sewing skills perfectly too:) I love the pumpkin sodas...so cute and easy! I'm too worried about Thanksgiving to be thinking about next Halloween!!

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

OMG. Those are the cutest costumes. LOVE the caterpillar. I'm hosting a giveaway at DIY Home Sweet Home.
I would love for you to stop by and check it out.
http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/2011/11/giveaway-shabby-apple-dress.html

Jane Anne said...

YOU MADE GUS'S COSTUME!?!! Wow. I am so, so very impressed. It was adorable. Love the hat, too!

TLF said...

You are super mom, I swear!!