Sunday, November 6, 2011

halloween wrap-up {treats and costumes}

FIRST:  I just need to point out that I totally did not include a link to the website for the sexy mommy costumes.  I apologize.  HERE IT IS.

Anyway...
Yes, Halloween was over a week ago and I'm just now collecting my thoughts.  My kids are still begging for candy as soon as they wake up in the morning, and I hold out all day and then sneak Skittles and Starburst when everyone goes to bed.   
(No I don't.  Just kidding, yes I do.)

Here's a quicky little how-to of the Gus man's homemade bunting.  I pretend I know how to sew, but I really don't.  I mean, I can operate a sewing machine, but I have no clue about patterns or really anything else other than sewing a straight line.  I'm really good at winging it, and that's what I did here.  You might notice that I didn't take into consideration that the baby could crap himself and there's no opening in the bottom.  I might think about that next time...but that would include difficult stuff like snaps or zippers, and yeah...never mind. 
I cannot get enough of this cutie pie in his costume!  I mean, seriously!
The night before Halloween I realized Porter didn't have a Halloween shirt to wear to school, so I got up at 5 AM and sewed "Boo" onto a plain black t-shirt.
(He thought it was pretty cool.)

We had some super cute trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood this year!
 Libby the Bumble Bee
 Hank the Crocodile Hunter
and Jacie the 50's Girl
Brooklyn and I made the ghosts for her school treats.  
The pumpkin sodas were for the teachers.
(Both ideas snagged from Pinterest.)
Is anyone out there besides me already planning for next Halloween???

4 witty remarks:

Kelli @ RTSM said...

Your little hungry caterpillar is so cute! And you described my sewing skills perfectly too:) I love the pumpkin sodas...so cute and easy! I'm too worried about Thanksgiving to be thinking about next Halloween!!

Jamie said...

OMG. Those are the cutest costumes. LOVE the caterpillar. I'm hosting a giveaway at DIY Home Sweet Home.
I would love for you to stop by and check it out.
http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/2011/11/giveaway-shabby-apple-dress.html

Jane Anne said...

YOU MADE GUS'S COSTUME!?!! Wow. I am so, so very impressed. It was adorable. Love the hat, too!

PeaceLoveApplesauce said...

You are super mom, I swear!!