Tuesday, January 11, 2011

pregnant brain

Should I buy a Baby's first St. Patrick's Day shirt or will I just be jinxing myself?

I'm starting to get together some ideas for the kids' school Valentine treats.  I feel like it needs to be done already because I'm going to be seriously miserable by mid-February.  

Don't you think 38 pounds is close enough to 40 pounds for Porter to move up to a shoulder harness booster seat?  I need to have him in one by the time this kid pops out or three carseats are not going to fit across my backseat.  I still have a little time to fatten him up I guess.


How cool is this?  I feel like I was totally ahead of the game naming my boy five years ago.  I guess it's only going to get more common now.

In a strange turn of events, the spring loaded thing that holds the toilet paper roll has completely disappeared from my house.

I'm 90% positive I bought decaf coffee but every time I drink it, I swear I have more energy. 

How does Hello Kitty eat?



10 witty remarks:

The Beavers said...

Sometimes I laugh so hard when I read your blog. It's great! Nathan is 39lbs but I made the switch. Might make me a bad mommy but SOOOO happy with the new big boy carseat! Oh, and I am trying to be crafty and I might need your help:)

The Wohlleb Family said...

I always enjoy reading your blog!
My daughter came 10 days early and was born at 12:06 am on St.Patricks day. She really is an irish princess. That next year my son's due day was St.Patricks day (Hows that for planning) He came 5 days early. I had a St.Patrick's day outfit that I had bought telling myself it was a gift for a friend, then we used it! ;)

If Porters tall enough that the shoulder belt fits right, Id switch him. I'm sure his clothes will make up those 2 extra pounds!

Kelli W said...

Your randomness is so fun! I have a pretty funny story about a baby's first Easter shirt that I should share on my blog one day:) I think we managed to wait until both of my older boys were over 40 pounds, but I don't think those last 2 pounds really made a difference:)

Pam said...

You crack me up...
My birthday is st. patricks day! :) I say buy it...
and just how DOES hello kitty eat?

Erin C. said...

I would keep Porter in the 5pt harness for as long as possible. There's lots of new info about car seat safety now that I wish I knew for Elise and Ava. Somehow I didn't realize you would be due around St. Pat's Day, it's coming up quick!!

Jami said...

You crack me up.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I'd make the switch - plus the Hellow Kitty comment? Hilarious!

Seattle Homes said...

Great blog. I am enjoying reading it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Tiffany said...

awesome post. cracked me up. never thought of the hello kitty thing and my daughter loves her. : )

we have 3 carseats in the back of our old vw passat. it is crazy tight but works and i just love looking in the backseat and seeing them all close together. even if they do fight over armrests and have easy access to hitting each other. : )

Future Chef Keen said...

I was looking for a funny graphic to send to a co-worker who is pregnant about pregnancy brain and the "I'm so crafty, I make people" Rosie-the-Riveter graphic came up. A) I think that is the most awesome thing ever (my friend has a t-shirt that reads "My superpower is making humans." I also had to mention how much I love that you have trouble trusting people who can't spell. LOVE IT!!