Wednesday, January 12, 2011

making room for baby

Here it is.  
I got a little burst of energy and finished it up today.
  
You might remember the before picture.  
This was the changing table we used for both kids.  It matched the crib they used, but now it just doesn't match anything.  I was going to sell it on Craigslist, but then opted to paint it. 
First I sanded off all of the shiny-ness, then rubbed a bar of soap over the places I wanted to distress.
I sprayed it Krylon Oxford Blue and then sanded the heck out of it.  I finished it off with some rub-on poly. 
I had Nate hang up an old bike basket that we had out in the garage.  It's perfect for holding all of the little things.
Approximately a year later, the cornice and curtains are hung!
When I was pregnant with Porter, I loved looking at all of his teeny tiny socks.  
Now I love looking at all of these teeny tiny onesies!
I've got plans for this nightstand next.


3 witty remarks:

Kelli W said...

I love the color and the distressing! The bicycle basket is awesome too:)

Cassie Bustamante said...

i am so happy you had something to link up! it looks awesome, jill. i am so happy you were able to reuse it, too- that saves some money!

Pamela said...

The nursery looks wonderful!!! I love the changing table transformation! You did a great job!