Monday, January 10, 2011

the main difference between Tori Spelling and me

Okay, so obviously there are several differences between Tori and me, for instance,
she's loaded,
has super skinny arms,
and scary fake boobs.  
 Seriously, if you had cleavage like that, would you be showing it off???
Anyway,
as I was watching some reruns of "Home Sweet Hollywood" the other night when I was up at 1:00 AM feeling like all of my organs were getting shoved up my neck, I discovered that we have something in common.  
We love to throw a kid's birthday party.
(I've told you before, it's one of the main reasons I decided to have kids.)



We agree that the cake is a very important aspect of the party.










We love to run wild with a theme.
We pay attention to all the little details.
And we like to coordinate little sisters. 

However, I noticed that before the parties, she isn't rushing around like a crazy woman finishing up last minute decorations or party favors, mixing up punch, or yelling at her husband to get out more chairs. 

Our biggest difference is that she just shows up at the parties.  Yes, she makes all of the elaborate plans, but someone else (or most likely a team of people) actually does all of the work!  While I barely have time to comb my hair and change out of my sweaty shirt as the guests start arriving, she arrives fashionably late and perfectly styled to a party on a rented property.  
AND, she doesn't have to clean up when it's over!
I'll admit, if I had her cash flow, I would absolutely do the same thing, but isn't it kind of rewarding as a mother when your child has the time of his/her life at their birthday party and you know it's because you put in all of the work (and maybe your husband helped too by hanging things that you couldn't reach)?
Just sayin'.


8 witty remarks:

mapleleavessycamoretrees said...

LOL! Those ARE some scary fake boobs! No thanks, I'll take my B's any day over those puppies.

Kelli W said...

She does throw some great birthday parties! I love fun over the top kid's parties too...and I have fun running around like a crazy person getting everything together for them too:)

Unknown said...

Love Tori and Dean, her parties are WELL... SUPER star FAB.

However, her arms to me are gross, way to thin anorexic looking gross. That is just me. Still I am a fan. That barbie cake "LOVE!"

Ruth Ann said...

I totally agree with you on that! It is totally rewarding knowing that you made them sooo happy and you did all of that yourself! My guilty pleasure is watching "The Real Housewives!" lol And on the show the one lady has a nanny for each of her kids and eventhough she said that she is totally involved with her kids lives, she had to ask the nanny if her son was still sick?! lol
How sad is that!

Heather L. said...

She does throw some awesome parties! I agree that she has alot of help, but one thing I noticed was that she was up late at night one of the nights before one of her kids' parties making some party favors/decorations. I was surprised by that! I think if I had her money, I'd still be making stuff, too. It's so much fun!

Jane Anne said...

Oh my word- those boobs.

Your parties are better. You do amazing work!

Jami said...

LOL! I always feel bad that I look like a maid by the time people arrive and am in desperate need of a shower. I am always the last one downstairs. One of these days I will get better at it.

I am still not over the cleavage picture! What the heck is that?

TLF said...

I love Tori Spelling!! I've read all her books and have seen every episode of her show!