Wednesday, December 15, 2010

button earrings: great gift for a little girl

There's no denying she's a teeny tiny bit of a girly girl.  And she loves to accessorize.  She especially likes changing her earrings to match her outfits.  For Halloween I made her some candy corn earrings and these are the Christmas-y ones I just made.  They're super easy to make, and I'm going to teach you how. 
 1.  Find some cute buttons. 
2. Use these handy-dandy little nipper things to snip off the back.  There is an official name for them, which has totally slipped my mind, and they have them at JoAnn's.
3.  Hot glue on earring backs.  They sell these at JoAnn's too.  I use safety backs on Brooklyn's so the pokey part doesn't stick her.  
That's it.  
So easy and cute for a little girl.

6 witty remarks:

Kelli W said...

This is such a cute idea! I am totally making some for my cousin's little girls for Christmas! Thanks for the great idea!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

What a cute idea!

Pam said...

What a cute idea! So Crafty!

Jessica said...

Cute! Too bad Sasha's aren't pierced.

Leah said...

Those are too cute!

Luvs!

Jami said...

Love these! You should stop by and link these up if you have time. All of your crafty stuff is so cute! :)