Thursday, December 16, 2010

lazy mom's creative cookie gift

...maybe not so much lazy as fat and exhausted!  
Somehow in four years I forgot how much a growing baby can suck the life out of you.
But, Christmas is coming FAST and I've got lots to do...
like deliver cookies to the neighbors and preschool teachers.
Here's what I came up with this year:
First I sort out my supplies:
1.  Rubbermaid sparkly food container and tissue paper
2.  undecorated sugar and gingerbread cookies
3.  tube of icing
4.  pull apart licorice
5.  M&M's
6.  Red hots
Then I assemble them in the container.
The lid doesn't fit because there's too much stuff in there so I tie a festive green ribbon around it.
And lastly, send kids off to deliver them! 

Here is Brooklyn at her preschool Christmas party today.



(We love these teachers!) 
 
Only 9 more days until Christmas!!

4 witty remarks:

Kelli W said...

That is such a cute idea! I saw on another blog that someone suggested giving cookie dough to your neighbors so they could bake cookies for Santa! Such a cute idea...and less for you:)

Anonymous said...

They were WONDERFUL!!! Maddy has enjoyed decorating them, eating the frosting, then decorating them again!! Thanks! Lori

Stef said...

Great idea!! Thanks for sharing!!
Stef

Jami said...

OMG I love her shoes!