Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I know that P is around here somewhere

When a birthday party gets closer and closer, all the little projects finally get completed.  
At least that's how it is at my house.  
My husband finished this one up with about 30 minutes to spare until the guests started arriving. 
I swear, I just saw that  letter P in my crap craft laundry room not that long ago.  Of course when I need it, it disappears.  
Get it, PB 'n' J???...Porter, Brooklyn, Nate...okay you get it.
Here is what we started with.  It's been here since my sister owned the house.  Well, actually, when she lived here it had a lovely moose above it. 
Sad.
(I never noticed it was missing a screw cover.)
This thing has been sitting around waiting for a rainy day birthday party.
Step 1: spray paint pegs black.
Step 2: Cover glass squares with burlap.
Step 3: Hot glue our initials right on the burlap (a scrabble tile, magnet and candy cane cookie cutter).
Step 4: Prop pieces up in bathroom for two weeks and wait until husband has a free minute from watching Malcolm in the middle reruns to hang them.
Where's  Waldo?
Found him.
This ugly, brassy piece has also been in the bathroom since move-in day.
I hung this one myself (on the spot, as soon as I thought of it).  The hook was a $2.50 find at Creative Crafts. 

Now our towels have a cute place to hang!
I am going to tear this stinking house apart until I find that little black wooden P.


8 witty remarks:

Jami said...

I have that same picture frame. I about died when I found it because nobody carries 4 holed frames for us 4 kid families. It's on my wall...with my kiddos in it. I need to update it. And I have almost the same star hook. Weird huh? But I couldn't figure out what to do with it, so I stuck it on the wall in the kitchen with some jailers keys hanging from it. I could do better than that...but I am feeling lazy.

We are officially in summer here. Happy Summer! :)

Macey said...

What's Crazymom talking about? Summer...? Not in this sopping wet nastiness. LOL
Hope you find your P! Now I have to pee.

House of Smiths said...

LOVE the new towel hook! It totally things!
You go girl! :)
Shelley

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

That is so stinking cute!!!

I love the different letters~well done!

Charity said...

Too cute! I've been looking for something to spruce up our towel hanger.I love your profile info - hilarious! By the way, I'm sold on creationism too.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

adorable! pbnj! hahaha love it!
gail

TLF said...

Great makeover!
PBnJ.. LOVES!

JoLynn said...

Cute! I need to make-over my girls' bathroom and was looking to do something similar. Thanks!