Monday, November 23, 2009

almost done advent calendar

I just had to show you now because I'm loving this.
So my inspiration came from Jen, of course, and yes there will be burlap incorporated, just you wait.


It's an advent calendar made from an old cookie sheet. I had big plans to make this and then sell it at the store, but my kids think it's so fun I'm going to keep it.

Nothing was purchased, I scrounged around my house for each piece. It's one of those projects that I just leave set up on the table and work on it between the times my kids are begging for food and yelling at me to restart Max & Ruby again.

So it began as a crusty old cookie sheet. I didn't paint it, because I love the junky charm of it.

This project involves lots of scrapbook paper, hot glue and ModPodge...fun stuff


I didn't plan anything out ahead of time, I just made it up as I went.
Each number is a magnet. The numbers that aren't being used yet just stick to the back-genius.

I'm headed to a Thanksgiving feast at preschool and then I'll come back and work on it some more. I'm excited to show you the finished project.


9 witty remarks:

Macey said...

I was planning on stealing this idea from Jen too. :)

Traci said...

I am totally stealing this idea! Thanks :)

Norma Lee @ Norma Lee Good said...

So cute. You did a good job. Go ahead and send this to me! haha

Native American Momma said...

this is a great idea. Geez, I have nothing laying around my house to make random stuff with. I guess that is the downside to living with Mr. OCD

Shari said...

I've seen these a lot lately, and I love it! You've done a great job with it and I can't wait to see how the burlap comes into play.

And I believe that Max and Ruby is a gift straight from heaven for mommies.

Shari@Poplar Porch

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

SO so so so cute Jill! I love it. And I love that you didn't paint it. It is going to look so great!!!!

XOXO
Jen

PS - Ella is parked in front of Dora right now - I am such a bad mom!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

cute!
love, love, love that picture that is your header!
Happy Thanksgiving
gail

Melinda said...

Very cute! I was going to give and old cake pan away but now I think I'm going to keep it to make one of these. Now I need time to do this!

Melinda

Tiffany said...

Oh, my goodness! I love this advent calendar! I would love to make one of these. How fun! Yours turned out great!