Monday, July 27, 2009

Who Would've Thunk It?

It never occurred to me that you could paint a window with chalkboard paint (my new obsession) until now! When I find these gems at garage sales (these were $2 each), I wouldn't dream of scraping off that fabulous (and probably leaded) chippy paint. I don't paint over it either, I just give it a good hosing down and whatever falls off-falls off.
Oh how I heart a letter dangling from a burlap ribbon.
These could be made into calendars (Kasey's idea), To Do lists, or Menus for a dining room.
The possibilities are endless.
I'm overwhelmed thinking about it.

This will be a wedding gift.

And this will be for me!

9 witty remarks:

Macey said...

Cayute!!!

momof3girls said...

so very cute! I love the letter hanging from a burlap ribbon as well!! I need to go buy me some chalkboard paint!!!!

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

AWESOME... Those my friend are AMAZING!

Jane Anne said...

Very sweet! Sounds like Kasey is a decorator, too.

Missy said...

What a great idea! I will be looking for those at garage sales now.

samantha said...

You did a very nice job!

Jodi Nelson said...

Loving your blog! So happy to have discovered it. Simply Awesome. So are you painting directly onto the glass? Or do you put a piece of wood in the window part? These are GREAT! And I have a window lying here that I've been itching to do something with.

Anonymous said...

love this idea! great blog too. thanks for stopping by worldgazing!

Stacia Howard said...

Loooove it!