Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Harsh Reality

Do you ever miss your old self?
That sounds weird.
But sometimes I miss my old self, maybe not my old intellectual self, but definitely my old body and sometimes my old face.

Like this morning, for instance, I decided that I had just enough time to either have a decent hair day or a good makeup day. I decided to go with the hair and just wear sunglasses to Wally.

Then, I get in the car and see this

I am very certain those are age spots! Now, I realize 30 is slowly but surely creeping up on me but I'm still 29! My face is starting to look like my Grandma's hands.

I need to take a closer look.

Ugggh, it's like one of those really really magnified mirrors. I can't look away.




6 witty remarks:

Macey said...

First: I have a 10X mirror for plucking eyebrows. Way scary. I recommend one if you are looking for something to keep you busy/horrified/depressed for hours.
Second: Those are freckles, I'm sure! : )
Third: You deserve some sort of award for posting those pictures on here. If I ever do that? You must come kill me because I will be so horrified the next day, I might "off" myself.
You can get away with it, cause you're so stinkin' cute. Blech.
Macey

Samantha said...

I don't know what you're talking about. You have nice eyebrows. Hey, I think i know you. You just look really familiar. Do you live in oregon?

adrienne said...

Preach it girl! When I get a moment to look in the mirror, I am shocked by the face looking back at me...yikes! Hey totally unrelated...do you have doug and karen's new address?

Anonymous said...

Jill props to you girl! I read your blog and this is the first comment I've made because it takes GUTS to post those pics! Maybe it's easier for you cause you look so great!

Janna

Em said...

Welcome to the club... I turned 30 in September and noticed those on my face at 29 as well ;) They are freckles... that's my story and I am sticking to it! You are adorable by the way... the freckles just add to your charming face :)

The Runyans said...

you are hilarious. i just found your blog. .don't know how. . but i like it!

i, too, am fixing to turn 30. in september. oh my. i don't even want to think about it. but your words, are my thoughts!

happy day!