Friday, May 22, 2009

Slugs fear me


I couldn't look at those awful pictures anymore so I'm moving on to a much more fun subject.
Slug hunting.
When I discovered those nasty varmits were eating holes in my freshly planted produce I took action. Nate encircled the garden with crushed eggshells and put down slug/snail bait. Each night around 10 PM I go out with my flashlight and my ammo. There aren't many near the garden anymore but I hunt them down in various other parts of the yard. Now I finally understand why Nate enjoys hunting so much. It's such a thrill to track them down, especially when they're trying to blend in with the bark. I move so fast,
they don't even know what hit them.

1 witty remarks:

Macey said...

It's fun to watch them curl up and DIE DIE DIE. Sorry, channeling Rambo.
Macey