Thursday, January 22, 2009

Let's Just Call This Full Disclosure

Everyone in bloggyland has been choosing their word for the new year: mine is "revamp". I'm not sure if that is a real word but it's going to summarize 2009 for me. I'm revamping my organizing skills, revamping my attitude, revamping my faith, and revamping my house. In an attempt to get my butt in gear I'm going to lay it all out for you. I figure if I just totally embarrass myself to the blog world, I'll work harder and faster to get the revamped pictures up.
For those of you who are easily disturbed, look away now.

My craft/dining room table

I spy a Dora doll, a melted crayon kids craft, some note cards I scored at TJ's for .70, and a Dutch Bros coffee I forgot about.

We are going to be eating on this again soon.

The toy pit/Porter's room.
The biggest plan for this room is to organize the toys into hiding places like his closet and the front coat closet. I'm in the process of painting his new twin bed and Blanche will inherit this toddler bed.

The closet is getting totally revamped.


This is the most embarrassing: my closet that I have to share with Nate.
We have so grown out of this house. It is bursting at the seams and it's time to downsize our clothing & crap. I've even got toys in totes in my room.

I know my mother is just cringing looking at this. In her mind she's saying "I didn't raise you like this!"

Every morning I yell about not being able to find "my other shoe!"

Blanche's poor, pitiful girly sanctuary. Time to revamp and reduce!


We're getting the crib out of here.


Front closet: this I plan to revamp into an adult coat closet/very organized toy closet.

Even Mac has taken up residence in my craft wheely-dealy.

Looking at these pics, I am truly embarrassed. The major revamp of the house starts today. Please lie to me and tell me it's not that bad.


7 witty remarks:

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

I am SUPER diggin' your honesty... Keepin' things real that's the way too go, and now I feel better about all my crafting, kiddos rooms, and my closet... Oh and you should see my garage and HUGE pantry... ughhhh
a HUGE THANK YOU and {hugs} for the coffee cozie, it came today and I l-o-v-e the CUTE tag....

mom2maya said...

I ♥ you Jill!

Jessica said...

I bet that was freeing! I will post a pic of Sasha's room on my blog so you don't feel so bad. I can't get that girl to keep it clean, it is too much for us both! She has no storage and too much.

Your table was beautiful. I love crafty tables (mine is covered with textbooks right now).

Anonymous said...

wow

SarahJarnagin said...

Love that you're keeping it real... I am always taking strategic photos so you don't see my messes. :) We are overflowing out of our small house as well.

Jane Anne said...

I love you, Jill. Really, I mean it. Thank you for posting these pictures. From all of the pictures of your beautiful crafts and decorating projects, I thought your house was picture perfect. Thank you for being real. It means so much.
I am always revamping. ALWAYS. By the way, this book: "It's All Too Much" by Peter Walsh is a must read. I have read it and I keep reading over and over. It is totally motivating.
Again- thanks. It is good to know you aren't as perfect as you seem. :)

Anonymous said...

I see a REALLY good garage sale in your future. :-)

Lori