Saturday, January 24, 2009

Flashback Friday (Saturday) & Revamp Part I

So the revamping begins.
After my full disclosure I'm ready to make big changes-mostly in reducing and organizing clutter. None of the commenters tried to make me feel like it wasn't that bad so I know how bad it really is, thanks for comments, however. Every once in awhile we do a fun thing in my office called "shopping at Jill's". Basically it's where I bring in whatever clothes I don't want anymore and the girls buy them. It's win-win for everyone. We are definitely having a "shopping at Jill's" on Wednesday.

Baby steps, right? My bathroom is overflowing with makeup so I decided to organize it by breaking it up into categories: lips, face, eyes. Now I don't have to dig through a huge bag to find a lip gloss...I know, genius. And these freebie Clinique bags are the perfect size.

Front closet before

Front closet after
No too shabby
1. gifts and such on top
2. coats in the middle
3. toys on bottom
I have to start small or I feel way too overwhelmed.

I kind of revamped my front entry way as well.

I have to stop every once in awhile and work on a craft or I get way burned out on the organizing. Here is my little "Christmas" tree from TJ's ($3) revamped into a Valentine tree decorated with ribbon and the kids' melted crayon hearts.

FLASHBACK
1983
How cute are we?
People used to always ask if we were twins.
Now they just think I'm younger.

3 witty remarks:

Kirstan said...

I dont work at your office, but how can I get involved in the "shopping at Jill's"??
I have to say I totally understand what you are feeling with all the clutter. We have the SAME issue!!

kirstan

Chris said...

First of all, I'm in LOVE with that tree. How cute. Secondly, you've been busy! I love an "organization" post. It almost makes me want to clean. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Your closet looks GREAT!! Good for you!! Can't wait to see more (and see what you put in your garage sale!)
Lori