Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Barnes Yard 2.0

The new year is coming.  
You know what that means? 
Yep, I'm going to lose weight.  
Or at least try.  
Whatever. 
Anyway

Over the last year, I've received emails asking if I'm ever going to get back to regular blogging and if I'm still alive.  Thanks for caring!
I want to!
The thing is, I'm not the same girl that started this blog in 2007, 2008, when the heck was it?
In my late 20's, I was a lonely, stay at home mom with two toddlers, and the biggest part of my week was story time at the library.  I started the blog to connect with other moms, document my kiddos' lives, and have an outlet for everything I wanted to talk about.  I also did a lot of crafts. 

Fast forward to age 35.  
I've now got big kids.  As in nine years old, eight years old, and I'm back in the trenches with a three year old.  I get out a lot more than just the library now.  I'm also not as crafty.

My goal for 2015 is to bring back the Barnes Yard

I feel like I need to reintroduce myself.  I'm not the same mom you used to know.   

This is me:
I wake up every morning with at least two children and a cat entangled around me, and want to immediately go back to sleep.
A world without caffeine would be a very scary place for me. 
New flip-flops smell so delicious that sometimes I want to bite them. 
My favorite binge food is Angie's Politely Sweet & Spicy Kettle Corn. 
I get embarrassed for people when they spell words incorrectly. 
Burlap and chalkboards should always be incorporated in decorating. 
My kids drive me to the brink of insanity, but I feel sick to my stomach when they aren't within my arm's reach. 
When I have an hour to myself, I can never decide if I should take a nap or do some sort of housework.  I usually go with the nap. 
With enough Diet Pepsi, I could rule the world, or maybe just my household.  
I hate wearing socks or coats. 
I should thank Jesus more often than I do. 
Making lists is a favorite pastime of mine. 
I love all things Housewives (except Atlanta) and hate all things Kardashian. 
I often have to remind myself how lucky I am that I got to be what I wanted when I grew up.
I'm your average, obsessive, minivan driving, Mommy of three...and wife to the big Daddy that lives here.

1 witty remarks:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. I love your style. I love your lists. I'm glad you're back. Even if it's not as often. I can totally relate to having more time when they were little - I used to take piano lessons, scrapbook, and go to the Y. I remember feeling really busy though and thinking it would be easier when they got older. Certain things are easier now that they are 13 and 15, but I am so much busier, just in a different way. Lots of driving, waiting, planning, organizing,... and more driving.