Friday, December 27, 2013

Why does Christmas always sneak up on me? {part 1}

Every.single.year.
Build up, build up, build up, over.

I think the tree is getting tossed out today.  So much cleaning to do.   I got a new vacuum.  I really, really needed a new vacuum!  Also a camcorder because Nate was starting to get really embarrassed when I would pull out my year 2002 video camera at Porter's basketball games.  Hey, it still works!  Also a hairdryer.  I really needed a new one for when I wash my hair two times a week.  So yeah, feeling pretty loved.  

Two years in a row now, I've found hidden presents for the kids the day after Christmas.  And for two years I've told them that Santa forgot to bring them in the first trip and dropped them off real quick the day after.  For two years, they've believed it.  What am I going to do when they don't believe in Santa anymore?  I mean, I'm not saying he's not real.  He is.  But, you know, kids at school like to make stuff up.  He still fills my stocking every year, so I know he's real.  

Christmas is so magical.  
Here are some pics.  
I plan to follow up in the days ahead with some Christmas crafts and other stuff we did, but I never got around to blogging about.  
















0 witty remarks: