Monday, July 29, 2013

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times...

For all the work that goes into a camping trip, you (I) just don't get that much fun in return.  
Oh, but I do it for the kids!!  
I mean, I'm already on my 7th load of laundry, I just washed my hair and it still smells really bad, and all I did the whole time was make sure Gus didn't put his hands straight into the fire to pick up a piece of wood (which he came extremely close to actually doing!).  
We've gone every year to the same place for at least 20 years...our whole family goes and the kids make tons of memories with their cousins.  What are you gonna do? 

PS I have a new found admiration for those moms that won't push their kids in strollers, you know, they just carry their kids everywhere...well let me tell you, it is not easy carrying an almost 30 pound kid on your back!  Holy crap, my body ached the next day!
PPS Gus really did start enjoying it after a mile or so.
 Grandma and Blanche
 Lukas & Porter
The littlest campers.
They celebrated their 11th wedding anniversary!
Cousins
Hank and Uncle Andy
Sisters
Gus and his best friend Levi.

I guess we'll go again next year!

5 witty remarks:

mom2maya said...

These cute pictures almost make me want to camping :)

mapleleavessycamoretrees said...

Another year under your belt. Way to go, girl! I see your husband was taking the whole wilderness thing literally;)

sharon said...

You and your sister look way too cute to be camping. I hope that was taken on the first day before you got dirty or I might just have to hate you because you're beautiful!

Unknown said...

You forgot one important picture!!!!

samantha said...

Always a lot of work, but worth it in the end. Our kids will thank us after they have kids haha