Sunday, May 26, 2013

Happy Birthday Porter!

 
 
At 11:00 PM on Thursday, May 26, 2005, Porter Charles Barnes made his appearance-
four weeks early and a hefty 7 lbs, 2 oz.
***
Isn't it funny how moms can remember the most minute details of their baby's birth?
I remember:
which pants I was wearing when my water broke (khakis that I hated),
telling my doctor that I couldn't have the baby today because I had an appointment to get my hair done (she thought I was joking),
the song playing in the car on the way to the hospital (Fourth of July by Shooter Jennings),
thinking that getting my IV put in was going to be the worst of it,
the crazy, weird, full body shaking,
my doctor telling me that she had the song "ring of fire" stuck in her head,
every.single.moment of pushing and pushing and pushing (3 hours),
and once he finally popped out...
completely believing that I had just laid eyes on the cutest baby in history.
Happy 8th Birthday to the boy that made me a mommy!

0 witty remarks: