Thursday, January 3, 2013

resolution


Okay, okay, I'm a few days late, but as I was washing dishes today, I had a thought.

I would like my house to be at a level of cleanliness where if someone stopped by without calling I wouldn't die of embarrassment that I had clean laundry piled on the living room floor waiting to be folded.  If someone came over and wanted to see my bedroom, I wouldn't shrivel up on the spot right there.  I could gladly walk someone through my laundry room and there would be no tripping over craft/sewing supplies involved.  It could happen, right? 

Well I think it could.

Starting tomorrow today, I'm going to be a proud housekeeper.  

That's my resolution.
 An example of what my living room looked like last week...so picture this plus a little bit worse.

And in keeping up with the likes of Shawni...
my WORD shall be CLEANER!

Cleaner in 2013!

3 witty remarks:

Sarah said...

I'm with you on this one. I know that when my kids are gone I will miss the mess, but what I would not do for a day when I could clean up a room and have it STAY that way for a few hrs. To show my house without shame, now that wold be something!

Kelli W said...

I need to add this to my list of resolutions too! Anytime we have company it takes hours to make the house presentable! And even then my bedroom and the laundry room are both off limits:)

The Beavers said...

You and me both lady!!!! Our thoughts are identical...