Thursday, January 31, 2013

I'll definitely take that as a compliment




It's me, Jill, coming to you here from the bathroom where just off to the left Porter and Gus are having a squirt gun fight in the bathtub.  Well actually, more like Porter is squirting Gus' butt and Gus is saying "stop".  

And yes, I'm sitting on the toilet.

Anyway, 

so today, a very smart, 10 year old girl that I was taking home from school (PS she's really my sister's babysitting kid,  but my sister was home throwing her guts up, so me, being the helpful sister that I am, picked up the kid for her.)...where was I now?  

Oh yeah, the bright little girl informed me that I am a Mom Mom.  You're probably wondering what exactly a Mom Mom is right?  I know I was.  So she says a Mom Mom is short.  Alright, I'm 5'0".  A Mom Mom carries a purse like mine.  Uh huh.  A Mom Mom wears bright colors and necklaces.
exhibit A

A Mom Mom wears flats.
exhibit B

And here's the real kicker.  A Mom Mom is very "efficient in taking care of her kids".  She really said that.

This girl just read me like a book.  Am I right?!

She went on to tell me that just because someone isn't a Mom Mom, doesn't mean they aren't a good mom or a great mom.  Like her mom is a great mom, but she's not a Mom Mom because she isn't short.

I guess we can't all be Mom Moms.

3 witty remarks:

sharon said...

Next time you see her, ask her what is the name for a mom who is
5'4, wears flats, takes very efficient care of her kids and hardly ever wears bright colors or necklaces and rotates between the 3pairs of jeans that fit.

Sarah said...

I LOVE your shoes!!

Gina said...

I don't know what's funnier, the fact that I am mom mom too or that you have little mermaids hanging out with the guns and ammo magazines. Your mermaids would feel right at home in our bathroom :)