Thursday, December 8, 2011

a Christmas craft for the kids

My kids LOVE snow globes!  When we get out our decorations, they are most excited about their dollar store snow globes.  While perusing the blogs I found this cute idea on Sweet Something Designs.
And guess what???  It's another way for me to use the baby food jars I've been hoarding!  Score!
Supplies:
baby food jars (spray paint the lids)
fake snow
glitter
mini trees from the Dollar Tree
glue gun
Glue your little tree to the underside of the lid.
Let the kids fill the jar with fake snow and glitter.
Screw the lid on really tight.
Shake it up!
(Yes, Blanche wears a swimsuit every day.)
After Christmas I'm going to be collecting mini reindeer and other cute little figures to use for next year.

4 witty remarks:

TLF said...

LOVE these!!!

Jane Anne said...

Oh! These are very cute! I might have to look for some jars somewhere. The kids would love it.

Lindsey said...

Love them! I was just thinking the other day how I'd like to see how to make some! Dylan loves snow globes too!! Thanks Jill! :)

Pam said...

I've been seeing variations of these on pinterest too... LOVE them! :) I bet the kids had a blast. :)