Thursday, December 29, 2011

baby feets part II

I definitely get the most traffic on my blog from this post that made its way to Pinterest, where of course, is where I got my inspiration.  Here is Amy's original idea.

Last month Gus and I made his 8 month footprints.  (The last area will be his 12 month.)
My OCD gets a little agitated that his left tootsie is too low.

I LOVE his feetsies so much that I made this Christmas ornament that will forever be my favorite!
This was so easy too-much easier than painting a foot and stamping it!
I bought some oven bake clay from WalMart, rolled it out, pressed the baby foot down, made a straw hole, and then baked it for 15 minutes.  When it was cooled down, I rubbed some Distress Ink all over it with a paper towel.  This is how you get all the little wrinkles to show up.
Then just tie a ribbon through and hang. 
(I made the thumbprints the same way.  I used a cookie cutter to get the shape and then used scrapbook stamps for the initials.)

I may just leave the baby foot up all year!

Christmas is finally winding down around here.  How's it going at your house?

0 witty remarks: