Tuesday, November 22, 2011

a turkey treat to say thanks

For some reason, the hoarder in me cannot get rid of baby food jars.  
All you have to do is search "baby food jars" on Pinterest and you can find so many fun ways to use them.  
I copied this cute little Thanksgiving idea
I had Porter cut some feather-ish shapes out of construction paper.
On one of them he wrote 
"I am thankful for you".
Then he moved on to something else more interesting so I glued on the feathers and googly eyes.
I made the beak and red hangy-thing out of pipe cleaners and glued them on as well.
Brooklyn helped me eat sort out the blue M&M's because they didn't look as Thanksgiving-y.
Then we filled them up!
Porter is going to give these to his teacher and the best neighborhood carpool driver ever.  
GOBBLE GOBBLE!

2 witty remarks:

Kelli W said...

Those are adorable! I love that you sorted out the blue m&m's...that is totally something I would have done:)

Tiffany said...

Those are so cute! I also would have not wanted the blue m&m's in the jar! Hilarious. : ) Thanks for sharing this idea! I wish I had seen it sooner! I will be doing this next year!