Friday, August 12, 2011

I never thought I'd be the kind of mom to say this but...

I'm ready for school to start!!
All of the school supplies have been purchased, so can I go ahead and send them now? 
(These were only 25 cents so I bought a bazillion.)

Entertaining these big kids 24/7 is exhausting!
I love, love, love them so much, but it is kind of nice to have a break from their fighting during the day. 
 Plus the Gus man and I love to have some alone time with each other!

Oregon has had the BEST post-pregnancy-body weather ever!  I love living here!  We've had lots of rain and temps around 70 degrees.  I've worn my maternity jeans and cardigans almost all summer!  It's been fabulous really.  
Occasionally we have a hot day and that's when I bring out my favorite babysitter. 
We've marked off almost all of our boxes on our summer to-do list.  Soccer camp starts next week and  we're going to the zoo on Labor Day and that will finish it up.
This is what he does when I interrupt his MarioKart playing for a picture!
Do you remember these???  Vintage paint with water!  Nate's aunt passed this along to Brooklyn and she has had so much fun with it.  I need to check out ebay to see if I can get some more.
 We visited Great-Grandma
 and dabbled in blueberry picking.
All of his red hair fell out and he's got nothin' but the softest blond fuzz.
Oh yeah, we won a TV so everything is changing around in the living room.  Don't even ask me about how I've already painted that wall twice! 

Bring on Fall!!
Thanks to Pinterest I've already got first day of school teacher gifts, Brooklyn's birthday party, and Gus' two Halloween costumes already in the works!


2 witty remarks:

Meredith said...

It looks like you guys are having a great summer. I should have listened to you. . .nipple shields are a-m-a-z-i-n-g!

-G- said...

is it just me, or do y'all have the cutest kids EVER?!
also, my mom bought that blue onesie with faux suspenders and bowtie for Hudson, and i LOVE it! most adorable outfit ever.

as a teacher, i must thank you for all the fun goodies you send to your kids' teachers--so sweet! very sad to be leaving Hudson to go back to work in two days. :( and to the previous poster, nipple shields ARE amazing!