Wednesday, July 13, 2011

my painting mojo is BACK!

Were you starting to get worried?
Since August's birth, the only thing I've had much passion for is getting the laundry done.
A few weekends ago, my in-laws took my big kiddos for two nights.  
With the gift of free time and silence in the house, my furniture painting urge kicked in.  
The weather was fabulous and it felt so good to be back in the driveway with a paintbrush!
Here is how the lovely garage sale desk started out.
Here it is now!
It's hard to get a good angle for a picture because I have it stuck in a teeny little entryway near my front door, but it's the perfect place to throw keys, bills that need to go out, etc. 
The oil rubbed bronze pull is my favorite.
No distressing done on this one, just my favorite shade of mustard.
My maternity leave is officially over! 
I've been back at it with some spray cans too.  Can't wait to show you!


8 witty remarks:

Cassie Bustamante said...

woo hoo! it certainly is back- that looks awesome! i love that color and those knobs really pop against it. welcome back to painting, jill!

Erin C. said...

I love it!! If it ends up in a garage sale anytime soon let me know! lol
Erin

Sara said...

Ooooh, I love it and how it is accessorized!

mapleleavessycamoretrees said...

What a fun color and the size looks perfect. The "no shoes" tiles made me smile. Nice job, Jill!

Julia @ 551Eastdesign said...

Yay for being off of maternity leave, I know the feeling:) Wonderful job!

Denissa said...

It looks great!! The color is pretty too :)

Kelli W said...

That looks amazing! I love the color and the new pulls!

Katie said...

LOVE this! So adorable! What an awesome color! I'm with you, I love that pull too!