Sunday, May 15, 2011

pent up posts

Slightly scattered is how my brain has been operating as of late. 
I've got a list of posts I've been meaning to get around to-
like an actual paper list sitting here next to my computer.
There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to find a good time to sit down, collect my thoughts, and type them out.
  
My baby decided that instead of continuing to sleep for 5-6 hours at night (when I felt super rested and in control of my life), he would cut back to 3 (which leaves me feeling a little, shall we say, disheveled).  
And I had to go back to work two weeks ago, 
which is basically like leaving the 3 little pieces of my heart to go have my boobs hooked up to a machine for the day.
 
I'm not a forgetful person at all (thanks to my lists), but I've been losing it lately.
Like Porter's library book-
I have never, ever forgotten to put it in his backpack on library day (Wednesday), but guess who forgot last Wednesday?
Um, yeah, me.
I totally caused a five year old panic attack.  
Which got me thinking-
about a post I would write wondering if Porter is the way he is (anxiety ridden and slightly agoraphobic) and Brooklyn is the way she is (chill) because he got my worrying genes and she got Nate's go with the flow genes...
or if it's because I've spent so much time catering to Porter's needs that Brooklyn was forced to buck up and not sweat the small stuff. 

Another thing is that I've been forgetting that I have three kids.  
I.know.
You would think that since I have to completely stop what I'm doing every two hours, throughout the day, to sit down and feed him, that I could remember he's in the mix for good now.  
But
just the other night when I was saying prayers with Porter, I said, "Bless Porter, Brooklyn, Daddy, Mommy, and Mac."
And Porter said, "What about Gus?"
And when I was filling out Porter's registration for first grade (don't even get me started on that), and there was a spot to list all of the children in the household, I only listed two.  I didn't even realize it until the next day.
Oh yeah, I have three kids now.
For, like, the last two months almost.
Geez.  

my favorite Eddie Bauer swaddler
 
I was also going to write about how every time I look at this zitty (getting better) face, I seriously fall in love all over again.  He is the easiest baby to calm down.  Easy.  All you have to do is wrap him in a blanket, cradle him, roll him towards you with his binky in, and rock him-
but for some reason, I am the only person who can do it.
And it is so simple. 
Ugh, I love him.

I also just wanted to point out how classy this girl looked on her wedding day.  I LOVE that she wore sleeves when today's style is to show too much cleavage and armpit rolls. 

That's all for tonight...oh it's actually morning now. 

2 witty remarks:

TLF said...

Awww.. poor Gus Gus keeps getting forgotten!! :( lol.
we've all been there.


And YES, loved Kates sleeves!!
I also think the world needs a little less armpit cleavage.. which is why I begged and begged my soon-to-be sister in law to please, please do not pick a bridesmaid dress that was (1) strapless (2) halter. She didn't listen.

Don't read my blog the week of 9/10/11.. you've been warned! lolol

Sugar Free Mom said...

Now this is why I am scared to death of 3 children.. I already forget things with 2.. I can't imagine how lost I would be with 3:).. Thanks for keepin it real.