Monday, September 13, 2010

Kindergarten!

Porter, what was the best part about Kindergarten?

"Recess!"

What did you do at school?

"Play with those things what has the fire thing but it has a ball on it.  I love the fire pole and I love the three slides and I love the monkey bars but I just didn't go on it.  I love the climbing.  I love the basketball.  I love my classroom."

Do you want to go back tomorrow?

"No.  Oh yeah, I do!"
My favorite picture!
So grown up!
First day 2010
First day of preschool 2009

It was such a crazy morning!  
This new schedule of getting everyone up and ready and out the door by 7:30 is going to take some getting used to!  We made the same candy apple for Porter's teacher that we did for Brooklyn's but in the rush it got left at home.  Oops.
Now that I know what to expect, I think tomorrow will run more smoothly.  
And guess what?  
It's kind of nice having a few hours of quiet time to eat my breakfast, watch The View and work on some crafts!  Plus the house stays amazingly clean!  Who knew!


PS I didn't even cry!

3 witty remarks:

Meredith said...

He is looking so much older and you look great. (Please tell Danielle that I would like a Hot Tamale apple :)).

samantha said...

Congrats Jill on getting through the first day! I'm glad that he enjoyed his first day. Cute pictures

Denissa said...

He is adorable!! Yay for no tears, there is NO way I could've done that! :)