Tuesday, June 22, 2010

project #1 complete

You may remember the patio couch we inherited from Nate's GrandBeeb.  
I love it.  
I think it's from the 60's. 
I love it even more now that it's a glossy black with a houndstooth cushion!



I had planned on buying a cushion, but I couldn't find any long enough and the too short ones were like forty bucks anyway.  My sister gave me an old egg carton mattress and I cut it up to fit.  The fabric was on sale at Jo-Ann's for $4 a yard.  That's more my style.
Now I just need to get some coordinating throw pillows and it will be ready for a party!
PS I'm going to use the rest of the egg carton mattress for project #2. 

6 witty remarks:

Macey said...

Very cute! :)

A very blessed lady! said...

Love the bench, looks so vintage, I have been gone too long have been catching up on all your posts, your hilarious! Thanks for sharing ALL you do and THINK!!!!

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

You did a great job of saving this lovely little piece! Great job!

samantha said...

It turned out great!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I love love love the houndstooth you picked out!

Norma Lee @ Norma Lee Good said...

The bench says "thank you for making me purdy again." Yes, I heard the bench tell me that. It looks great and I love the fabric you picked!