Monday, June 21, 2010

blatant copying

project #2 in the works
Right before Blanche's birthday party in October when I was running around finishing projects that had been put off for far too long, I did a little makeover on this light fixture.  It went from nasty brass to ORB, and I also switched out the flower-y glass covers.  
Well anyway, for some reason I didn't spray paint the cord, so it's been gold this whole time.  I knew it would be too much to ask my sweet husband to take the whole thing down again.  I hate to inconvenience him. 
This morning while I was drinking my coffee and reading through my blogs, I stumbled upon the most fantastic burlap idea, AND now I can't find it again. 
I don't know who I copied!
If you read it today, let me know so I can give her credit!
She took a piece of burlap and hot glued it right up there.  
Taking down the fixture wasn't even necessary! 
I followed her exact instructions and I LOVE the outcome!
I've said it once and I'll say it again,
burlap makes everything better!
And if you're ever in a pinch,
a shower curtain can double as a tablecloth!



10 witty remarks:

Regan said...

Too cute! Love the light fixture! I think I saw Shelley over at House of Smith's! Both versions that I've seen are super cute! Ps- You have a beautiful family! I follow your blog regularly!

Jessica said...

I was getting ready to make a cord cover but yours looks so much easier! Mine involves sewing and velcro. Great job!!

Macey said...

I've got to re-do my chandelier thingy...
just haven't yet cuz I don't wanna take it down! LOL

Handbags*and*Pigtails said...

Ive seen this project alot in blogland but its funny you should write about it today b/c I was re-reading Katie's posts(Cowboy Phraseology...seriously my FAVORITE blog...her house looks like Pottery Barn!) and going to use her inspiration to cover my own. Is that where you saw it?
Sarah

Ramona said...

Cute~o~la! This is a great post.

Smiles ~ Ramona

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Love this idea! Super cute and the burlap looks fabulous! Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase Party! I greatly apprecite it. Hope you are enjoying your week. ~ Stephanie Lynn

Anonymous said...

makes me wish I had a chandelier!
Very cute!!
Lori

Jami said...

It turned out great Jill! very creative and very "you". (burlap)

Love it!

:)

Unknown said...

Cute. I love how burlap fits anywhere

Denissa said...

I totally agree burlap makes EVERYTHING better! :)