Thursday, May 27, 2010

preschool graduate

Porter graduated from preschool yesterday.
He learned so much in his two years with these teachers.
I don't have to say goodbye yet because Blanche gets them in September.
She brought him legos for his graduation gift.
Our 5 year old is ready for Kindergarten!
For teacher gifts I like to give them something they will use and something they can eat.
I taped off rectangles on plain coffee mugs and painted on chalkboard paint.  (They won't be able to go in the dishwasher.)
All teachers like chocolate right?
A lunch sack was the perfect size for the mug, and I love a black and white polka dot bow.
High school graduating class of 2023!
How crazy does that sound?

5 witty remarks:

Cassie Bustamante said...

first of all, i am loving the bangs! are you? they are so adorable on you! and secondly, wow- congrats to your son! i read what you wrote out loud to my husband- hs class of 2023!!! ahh!!! my son will be in that class as well, and man is that frightening? and boy do i feel OLD.

Furrla said...

I don't know if I've ever posted a comment on your blog, but I have you on my Google Reader and I've really enjoyed reading it. (I love the new bangs, If I had beautiful straight hair like yours I would totally get bangs)
I just wanted to say that these are the cutest little gifts ever! I teach high school so I NEVER get gifts. I realize that in high school kids have a lot of teachers, but hey it wouldn't hurt to get your Favorite teacher a gift, would it? ;)

TLF said...

Love the pics!
Great idea for the Teacher's Gift.. Mine for my oldest is going up Monday. I need to figure out something for my son's pre-school teachers. I may try this. :)

kelley @ the eclectic owl said...

What a great idea! I love this! I am your newest follower :) I found you through the Shabby Nest. I hope you'll visit my blog, too!

theeclecticowl.blogspot.com

Macey said...

This is a sweet post!
Then I got to the 2023 and choked on my own spit.