Thursday, May 6, 2010

kids on reproduction


Our friends' dog had a new puppy. 
On the way home from visiting them, Porter and I had this conversation:
Porter: "Is Molly the puppy's mom?"
Mommy: "Yep."
Porter: "Who is the puppy's dad?"
Mommy: "Crosby."
Porter: "Ohhhh, you mean Molly and Crosby got married?"
Mommy: "Right."
*
My 6 year old nephew Henry has been watching Life on the Discovery channel.
After watching an episode he asked my pregnant sister,
"So who fertilized your egg?"
*
On the way to dance class I had this conversation with my 4 year old niece:
Me: "How come your mom's belly is getting so big?"
Jacie: "Because we're having a baby."
Me: "A baby puppy?"
Jacie: "No, a baby kid!"
Me: "How did it get in there?"
Jacie: (pause) She ate it.



9 witty remarks:

Traci said...

How does your family not have a reality show?! Between the 4 (5) kids and you I'm sure there would be a huge audience.... and that's a compliment :)

samantha said...

HAHA I'm with Traci. I'm sure Lori will love this post.

Brooke said...

I want to know how Lori responded to Hank's question! :o)

Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Love converstions with little ones! Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your day!

Denissa said...

HAHAHA!!! I love it! :)

Unknown said...

I want to know what Lori, and the last thing Jacie said was hilarious

familyofsix said...

Talan thinks you have to be married to have a baby as well...I always want him to think that!!
Funny kiddos

Anonymous said...

I love the things kids say! These are my favorite posts!!
Lori