Tuesday, May 4, 2010

beaver baby (Chandler, do NOT peek!)

There's a new baby coming to the Barnes family.  The 14th great-grandchild.  Addison.  I like to refer to her as the Beaver Baby because she was conceived in Oregon.  Even though she will grow up to be a huge fan of whatever team always says "roll tide", she needs to be proud of where she came from.  I was on a mission to find her some Oregon State attire, but nothing was cute enough for little Miss Addie.  I would have to make my own.

I started with a teeny, tiny, white onesie.
And the perfect sized angry beaver attached to some Heat and Bond.
Oh yeah, I cut the patch off of this hat.
This stuff is so cool, I've never used it before.
Place it on the shirt.
And iron it on.
Oh yes, every southern belle needs a huge flower headband!
We can't wait to meet you little Beaver Baby!
(Chandler, I know you probably couldn't resist!  I'm putting it in the mail today.  Love you guys!)

 

9 witty remarks:

Chandler said...

Of course I had to peek...

it is adorable and very fitting... she'll never forget the state from which she was conceived!

You are too kind!! We can't wait to see you all again & have you meet little miss...

39 weeks today and ready to burst! :-)

Love ya!!

Jami said...

Awww.. so cute! There is nothing better than a new baby!!

samantha said...

What a cute gift. Nothing better than a beaver believer =)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

So cute! I love it!!!

XOOX
Jen

Macey said...

Adorable. Roll tide..that sounds like Jane Anne's team.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Oh this little one will be the most chic sports fan ever! What an adorable idea and gift. I hope you post pictures of little Addison in it when she arrives!
Such a fun post. So nice to visit you.
Yvonne

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Way cute - but I can't take my eyes of that thing the onesie is hanging on - it's way cool!

Joyeful said...

I love that you call her your "beaver baby"! Too sweet! And that flower headband is adorable!!

Brooke said...

So are you making those headbands to sell? If so, I'd love to hear the price and see some more colors!