Wednesday, April 14, 2010

recent discoveries

1.  Lately I've been hyper-aware of the fat roll around my waist.  I'm constantly having to adjust it or tuck it in.  I asked Nate if he thought there was a surgeon that would remove it.  It seems like it would be a fairly easy procedure.  He suggested sit-ups, but I already tried that last week while watching Dancing With The Stars and was in severe pain for the next two days. 
I actually took a picture of it to gross myself out.  When I told my Mom, she asked me to please not post it on my blog.  Like I would do that.  Okay, maybe I was thinking about it.  But only for motivation!

2.  People would rather throw things away than turn them into fabulous home decor.  I don't get it!  PS Did you see my load of old windows and doors that were headed to a burn pile??

3.  I think my daughter has some self-esteem issues because when her preschool teacher asked her to write her name she wrote ppoopp. 

4.  Sometimes I accidentally call Porter "Nate" and tell Mac to "go to your room!"  Oops.



 

11 witty remarks:

David and Amy Sheldon said...

Thanks for the early morning laughter.... Your mom was probably right, although I know you are a fan of brutal honesty. Does this mean your itch is over???
Sydney says poop every 3rd word... Maybe her and Blanche could get some counseling together.

Ashleigh said...

Jill I swear...you are too funny! And when I saw all those barn doors I almost cried because I was so jealous! :)If you do find a surgeon to perform the operation, ask if he can remove large butt cheeks for me.....:)

Mommara said...

This is awesome and I could have written #1 my self. :) Thanks for the giggle this am.

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Don't you just love the waistline . . I hate it. I'm built like a burrito or should I say a snow cone. It just doesn't want to leave. Too funny!

The Beavers said...

I'm so with you on finding a surgeon that can easily take off that extra stuff around my middle! (after baby of course). The same surgeon must give me new boobs too!! Funny Nate suggests sit-up...pretty sure Cass suggested that too...with a little cardio to go along with it.
I, however, think you look great. So whatever you are doing is working!!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I have loved Physique 57 DVDs - just google it and you will find it. It's been my go-to for that, um, rubber bumper that my babies like to stand on. Just want to pass it on.

Anonymous said...

Did her brother teach her to spell her name? My oldest son taught me middle son how to spell retard and it was the spelling of the middle son's name. Funny for awhile then I remembered I was the mom.

Brooke said...

You just had me laughing out loud with this post. Look forward to your blog everyday!!

Macey said...

I wanted to see the fat.
Dang it.
Girl, I've seen you IRL and you don't have a fat roll.

momof3girls said...

I call all my girls by each other's name - I think it is a case of trying to multi task too many things at once!! Our brains need a little bit of streamlining before we engage our mouths! Isn't that the story of my life!!

Tonya said...

I love your blog! It is a little ray of sunshine. The name thing, I totally mess that up all the time. I have 4 kiddos and they can get me flustered at times and then I mess up their name and then say another wrong name and then finally I say "you know who you are". But,they still love me, I give them cookies and great HUGS!