Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Makes Mama Happy (except for #2)

1.  A good memoir. 
Oh.my.word.Mackenzie.Phillips. 
I can't put the book down except for when it gets so bizarre that I have to remind myself that a real person lived that life.  Like when her step-mom is high on heroin and gives birth on the couch.
Intense. 
I've been on a roll with the memoirs lately.  Last month I read Andre Agassi's and Kathy Griffin's.  Andre's made me realize I need to get serious now with my kids' future sports careers and Kathy's was laugh out loud entertainment.  "High on arrival" is just really dark.

2.  The dreaded appointment.
You know the kind. 
It comes once a year.
I have to go today.
Ew. 
There's nothing worse in my book, well except for flying.  We're going to chat about the idea of 3.  I'll let you know how it goes.

3.  My new household rule:
"Leave it like you found it, unless of course you find it how it's not supposed to be, then fix it."

4.  Much appreciated feedback.
I love it when you guys help a girl out!  Traci sent me this link (um, Heaven!) and Holly informed me about this (yay!). 

5.  Miranda Lambert.
You know when you can just listen to a song over and over and over again and keep loving it?  That's how this one is for me.

Love her.  That is what I imagine an angel's voice sounding like.

6.  Monday
There's going to be a giveaway.
I can't wait to show you!





7 witty remarks:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I like your rules!

Jane Anne said...

Yea for talking about baby #3 and the giveaway!

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hi Jill,

Like the idea of 3 . . enjoyed the music. Have a nice evening.

Anonymous said...

I'm the girl that asked you where you got your green flats once. I went to High School with Miranda Lambert, she was a year younger, love her! One of my good friends use to back-up sing for her, so fun!

anya said...

Oh I read High on Arrival too! Unbelievable,isn't it?

Shannan Martin said...

LOVE Miranda! And I read Clarence Thomas's memoir this past Summer and learned so much. It was inspiring. Not so much funny, but still a good read.

That Mackenzie Phillips book freaks me out! I'm too chicken... ;)

ps- I still have a note here to discuss our shared craziness sometime soon. Craziness loves company, right??

Hello From the Kings! said...

Yay for Rockaholic Dirty Little Secret!!! I definitely can't keep it a secret. It is the best product EVER!!! Second place is http://www.sleekhair.com/23702.html
it is Lanza Powder up texturizer. Great for the days you have to wash you hair and need some dirtiness to get some volume!
Love your Blog!!!