Saturday, March 20, 2010

spring weather painting

First can I just say thank you for all of your supportive opinions?
I am so appreciative of all the kind comments.
It's so nice to be able to put all of my thoughts out there and receive your lovely responses.
So thank you.

Now,
we have had some beautiful weather around here lately so I went on a cleaning spree in my garage and found some things that needed painting.
Yay, before and afters!

A plain little picture frame turns into a cute welcome sign with the help of some Krylon khaki and chalkboard paint.
I love the size of this little Goodwill table.  It's now the perfect shade of robin's egg to go in my soon-to-be chocolate brown bathroom.
Did you know you could spraypaint an old suitcase? 
Well I just did it. 
I'm so excited to show you what I'm doing with this treasure from Nate's Grandma's house.

Happy Spring!

7 witty remarks:

Jane Anne said...

The real problem with my house is that I don't have any cool old stuff to fix up. You'd probably be lost at how to help me decorate. I love the before and after photos.

Denissa said...

You don't even KNOW how excited I was to see the spray painted suitcase!!!!!!!! I just snagged one from my bf that she was going to take to Goodwill! gasp! :) It is sitting in my garage b/c I just didn't know what to do b/c the color is sort of weird, but now I know..thanks!!
Ok, so I have to weigh in on the debate about the 3rd child. This is my thought and experience: We had always said that we wanted 3, but after my 2nd boy (who was a very hard baby) we thought we were good. But then he was about 2 1/2 almost 3 and I had that longing feeling that something was missing, that our family was incomplete. So my thought is if you truly feel like something is missing from your family, you should go for it! Don't worry about the age gap, my 2nd & 3rd are almost 3 1/2 yrs apart and some days it is hard, but the flip side is that I have gotten a TON of one on one time w/ the youngest. I think that the 3rd just goes w/ the flow b/c they sort of have to. My 3rd has been that way since birth. But the one differing opinion I do have is that it was WAY MORE DIFFICULT for me to got from 2-3 than 1-2. Maybe that is b/c my oldest was in Kinder and my middle in pre-school (which was a big adjustment) so some days my poor baby lived in his car seat, but it wasn't like that everyday!
Go w/ your gut,& pray about it! :)

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Love that table . . great color. Enjoy your Sunday!

Macey said...

Love the color of that table!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it when you start painting!! Love the before and afters!
Lori

P.S. I say three that way every cousin has a playmate! HA! :-)

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Wow, you have been busy, it all looks so fresh and pretty!
Take care-
Kristin

Jami said...

I want that table!

I'm on a table mission this spring. I can't wait till more garage sales open up. C'mon sun!!!