Tuesday, March 16, 2010

a lesson in growing up

Mommy: Porter, do you ever go to the bathroom at school?
Porter: You mean like if I get paint on my hands and I have to go in the bathroom and wash 'em?
Mommy: No, do you ever go pee at school?
Porter: Sometimes.
Mommy: Do you ever go poop at school?
Porter: No, I wouldn't never go poop at school.
Mommy: But what if you had to go?
Porter: I wouldn't go poop at school!
Mommy: But what if you had to go really, really bad?
Porter: I would just hold it.
Mommy: What if you couldn't hold it and you went in and sat down on the toilet and poop came out?  What would you do?
Porter: I don't know...there's toilet paper.
Mommy: You would have to wipe yourself. 
Porter: Oh.
Mommy: You know, when you go to kindergarten, you might have to go poop and you need to learn to wipe yourself.  Do you want to practice?
Porter: Not right now.  Maybe when I grow up.


8 witty remarks:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

If it were just that easy!

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Such a life . . cute.

The Beavers said...

I love that these are the conversations we find ourselves having!!! Are you able to get through these talks without laughing/smiling?

Denissa said...

LOL!!!! Such a boy answer...And btw my 3rd grader still will not go at school!

momof3girls said...

I love it! That willbe my answer from now on, maybe when I grow up!

Anonymous said...

I have a 35 year old teacher son who "will not". Guess he hasn't grown up! When he was in Jr. High, at the end of the school day he would come running into the house and straight up to the bathroom....
Shirlene

Anonymous said...

My kids wont even USE the bathrooms at school because they are gross! :-)
Lori

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

That is so funny!! I love that you catch things your kids say like that and record them. Priceless!

XOX
Jen