Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I make kids happy/a before and after desk

Oh real quick,
answers to a couple of your questions:
1.  Most of my shoes come from Ross.  I'm a big fan of their prices.  I've also collected some from Old Navy and Goodwill.
2.  The numbers on the burlap nest sticks were done using stencils I made by printing out numbers from my computer and then cutting them out of the paper.  I didn't even use freezer paper, just regular old printer paper.  Then I lightly tapped on craft paint with a foam brush.  So easy.

Now onto the before and after. 
So my friend says she needs a desk for her son's room.  He has a lot of homework and he needs somewhere to sit and do it.  (Poor 1st graders these days!)  Anyway she came to the right place because I had this in my garage.

I even cleaned it up for her but she wanted it to be red and black.  Guess who likes to spray paint???
After I got the red done, I sanded down the wood parts to clean off the graffiti.  I decided I liked it better like this.
Then I packed it in my little red wagon and delivered it to their house (in my sweats that I had been wearing for two days). 
If you were my friend I would spray paint things for you too.


6 witty remarks:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

That is a really cool old desk! I have a couple in my basement, but they are just wood and don't have that cool storage thing.

I really love those candlesticks. So cute. I usually print my stencils out on cardstock and hold it down -- I have never tried freezer paper -- I think paper works great too!

Hope you are having a great day!

XOOX
Jen

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Love this desk! Never seen something like that before. You did a great job! Love it. Off now to read some of your past posts...
Have a lovely day!

Anonymous said...

I love love love the desk!!!! I wish my kids were still small enough to use one!
Lori

Anonymous said...

Love it! Especially the red color you used.

Debbie said...

Love it, I have a similar desk and I used chalkboard paint on the desktop and the grannies love it.

Jane Anne said...

I'm your friend! I'm your friend!! I'm just way behind on blog reading...