Thursday, March 11, 2010

Flat Fetish


Beth at The Stories of A to Z is going to be having another "virtual slumber party".  I didn't get in on the last one so I'm really excited to link up this time around.  The theme is "show me your shoes".  I couldn't wait until the 18th to unveil my flat fetish.

Really, I just love bare feet. 
I actually think my feet are my best feature. 
Now that they're all zoomed up though, my left pinky toe looks kind of wonky. 
There ya go, even my best feature is flawed. 
Mostly I like that the toes go down at a nice angle. 
Also, my feet are really small-like a 4 in kid's or a 5 in women's.  Sometimes I can't find my size so I will buy a 6 and just wear them even though they are sort of uncomfortable because my foot slides all over the place.
Don't they look so cute all together?
I'm five feet zero inches tall so you would think that I would favor heels, but
I LOVE FLATS!
They come in so many fun colors and lots of times they have bows, and I really love bows!
And because my daughter is following in my footsteps (Ha!  Get it?), I wanted to show off a few of her favorites.

Fun party! 
Stop over and visit Beth on the 18th 
or right now.


29 witty remarks:

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

I like the "Chanel" ones with quilted tip . . too cute. I think flats have so much style.

Macey said...

What size shoe do you wear?? Teeny.

Anonymous said...

When I was in high school I went for heels and platforms all the time, I can't believe how much money I spent on shoes back then! Now I appreciate flats, in fact I think I'm drooling over a couple pairs of yours (too bad my feet are 3 1/2 sizes too big!

I hope when Ian and I start having kids we have a little girl just because I LOVE <3, LOVE <3, LOVE <3 ruby slippers.

Denissa said...

Cute!! Love the green ones :)

Crafty Sisters said...

You have *teeny* tiny feet! My feet would look like amazon woman feet next to yours! Cute shoe collection, btw. :)

Joyeful said...

Oh my goodieness-- I love your shoes! Love, Love, Love them!

Jami said...

Wow! I am really behind!

I can't believe you don't wear heels. I LOVE heels because I am just under 5'2"...

And I am JEALOUS that you can buy in the kids department! I bet you get some good deals!

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

I love this! I would wear flats if I didn't have such sweaty, stinky feet. I seriously just ruin them in no time flat (hee, hee). Great post and thanks for joining the slumber party!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love your flats! I also like a rounded toe on my shoes. Your daughter's are so cute!

Magic Brush said...

New to your blog. Your description of yourself cracked me up on your sidebar. Size 6??????? I have a huge size 9 and I hate it! You do have cute feet! Nice to meet you!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I LOVE your collages. :) So fun! I laughed when I saw the collage of your daughter's shoes at first b/c I thought maybe those were yours too. ;) I like your blue suede flats with the little rosette. Very cute. :) I'm visiting from Beth's party. here's a link to my shoe post:
http://serenitynow4amanda.blogspot.com/2009/09/retail-therapy.html

Pam said...

I am also into the flats...loving the shoes

Tammy@InStitches said...

Your house is just full of cute shoes !

Blessed Mommy of 2 said...

AH! My feet look terrible in flats but I ALWAYS think they are SO ADORABLE! Jealous! And I SO thought of doing the daughters shoes! We have the same trend going...LOVE puddlejumpers!

Marianne said...

I too love flats even at my 5'2 and I too have small feet though they have got bigger after having two kids. They actually went from a small size 5 to a 5.5-6 now. No more shopping in the kids department for me ;)
I think I actually used to have one of the same flats you do too. The third pair down on the left? From Tar Jay? I wore them out two summers ago when I bought them, oh I loved them so.

The mad woman behind the blog said...

I'm a flats girl myself and WOW your daughter's shoes are adorable, where do you shop for her? My Mad could use a few of those!

Marianne said...

I am not tall either, but ever since my 'clubbing' days are over, I am so glad I can stick to flats. If only they would stick to me, but without laces I lose them. Ah, I guess we all have something to complain about with our feet. But I am very grateful that they take me wherever I want to go.

Sandy said...

what an adorable assortment of shoes... so cute!

Sandy

http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/2010/03/all-for-love-of-shoes-my-shoes.html

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

the 1st photo looks like an ad for a shoe company!! Quite cute

Leanne said...

I love all your flats. You've got a great selection. Your daughter's shoes are adorable. You might be in trouble when she becomes a teenager. She's going to adore shoes.

Kristi @ Creative Kristi said...

I'm only 5'3" and I'm a lover of flats too! Mine look funny on my feet though because I'm a size 8 on a small day ;) Came over from Beth's party! Check out my post if you like! www.creativekristi.com

Thanks for sharing your daughter's too they are so cute!!

Melissa said...

OK so I pretty much love all of your shoes. I love flats, with maybe a heel for church! But overall flats are the best!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Look how cute your shoes are! I love the way you displayed them. So cute. You have excellent taste!

XOXO
Jen

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

I'm not really "into" feet (unless it's pudgy little baby toes) but dang girl - your feet are amazing!

(are they real??) hee hee

I love flats too...heels put me at 6 feet while my hubby is still at 5'7 :(

Anonymous said...

What cute little feet you have. You are the same size- height and shoe size as my little peanut.
And I saw a few of her shoes in your post. Of course I noticed little miss's ruby reds too!

The Barnett Family said...

You have some CUTE shoes. I like flats too, but I am short and most of my jeans/pants are way too LONG for flats therefore I wear heals and wedges. Became a follower.

Jemsmom said...

Wowwwww!! Love all your flats. They are fantastic! I love them but they have started hurting my feet! Aaaarggggghhhhh! Too cute and I love the mosaic of them!

Shan @ Design Gal said...

cute shoes! just stumbled upon your blog and love it! :)

CourtneyM said...

love, love love your shoes! Can you: (1) share some of the places you go to buy your shoes (I don't expect a source list from each & every one, although that would make me happy!) and (2) tell me how you keep your feet DRY in flats?! I try to wear them and I don't think I necessarily have a huge sweat problem, but no matter, I inevitably start sweating in them.