Monday, March 29, 2010

candlestick turned...(the sequel)

I couldn't leave the other sticks just hangin'. 
And I didn't really want to make burlap nests for all of them. 
I need some variety in my life.
Then my neighbor/BFF/crafy cohort came over and told me what to do.
She's always doing that.
I ran drove to Wally and found exactly what she was talking about.

For a dollar.
Yesss.
I sqeezed some Liquid Nails on the candlestick and stuck it to the glass thing and hoped it would hold. 
Then I let it dry overnight just to be sure.
It totally worked.
Then I got out my roll of jute and a glue gun and started wrapping.
And wrapping.
And wrapping.
When I didn't want to wrap anymore, I decided it would look better if you could see what was in the glass thingy.
I had a fun idea of putting some cute toile fabric in my paper shredder and then filling the glass with shredded toile.
PS It didn't work out so well.
So I settled on some shredded newspaper and eggs.

 
And now I would like to indroduce you to...
my latest curbside find!
Oh yeah, it came with this too!
Jealous???


12 witty remarks:

Traci said...

Yes totally jealous!

Craft Tea Lady said...

Curb-side?!?!?! oh now that is just incredible!

CraftTeaLady
www.crafttealady.xanga.com

momof3girls said...

so very cute!! Thanks for sharing!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Awesome!!! Those are so cute.

And are you kidding me??? How do you score these finds? I AM jealous!

XOXO
Jen

Denissa said...

SCORE!! That turned out so cute :) Love the candle sticks too..what a great idea!! Did you paint the eggs yourself? I ♥ them!

Phyllis said...

It never ceases to amaze me the things people throw away. What a fantastic find!!!!

Crafty Sisters said...

Very cute! I love the twine nest! Great job on you furniture find, can't wait to see what you do with it!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the candlesticks! Where did you ever find such cute ones! :-) They turned out very cute!!
Lori

Jami said...

OMG! Who would toss that out??
I miss the old say when I lived in the suburbs and people had more money than sense and would toss out great stuff all the time.
Yes. I am totally jealous. And I love the candle stick designs.

Angie Holden said...

Heck yeah I am jealous!!! And I love your candlesticks!

Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} said...

love the candlesticks - very cute. And the dresser - love it - cant wait to see what you do with it (if anything, it looks cute how it is)

Sausha @ {show & tell}

Unknown said...

I LOVE what you did with those candlesticks! Where did you find them? They are so cool!

I followed you here by way of Girly Stuff's blog. You have a cute blog with great ideas!

Nancy