Monday, March 29, 2010

candlestick turned...(the sequel)

I couldn't leave the other sticks just hangin'. 
And I didn't really want to make burlap nests for all of them. 
I need some variety in my life.
Then my neighbor/BFF/crafy cohort came over and told me what to do.
She's always doing that.
I ran drove to Wally and found exactly what she was talking about.

For a dollar.
Yesss.
I sqeezed some Liquid Nails on the candlestick and stuck it to the glass thing and hoped it would hold. 
Then I let it dry overnight just to be sure.
It totally worked.
Then I got out my roll of jute and a glue gun and started wrapping.
And wrapping.
And wrapping.
When I didn't want to wrap anymore, I decided it would look better if you could see what was in the glass thingy.
I had a fun idea of putting some cute toile fabric in my paper shredder and then filling the glass with shredded toile.
PS It didn't work out so well.
So I settled on some shredded newspaper and eggs.

 
And now I would like to indroduce you to...
my latest curbside find!
Oh yeah, it came with this too!
Jealous???


12 witty remarks:

Traci said...

Yes totally jealous!

Craft Tea Lady said...

Curb-side?!?!?! oh now that is just incredible!

CraftTeaLady
www.crafttealady.xanga.com

momof3girls said...

so very cute!! Thanks for sharing!

jenjen said...

Awesome!!! Those are so cute.

And are you kidding me??? How do you score these finds? I AM jealous!

XOXO
Jen

Denissa said...

SCORE!! That turned out so cute :) Love the candle sticks too..what a great idea!! Did you paint the eggs yourself? I ♥ them!

Phyllis said...

It never ceases to amaze me the things people throw away. What a fantastic find!!!!

Candace@craftysisters-nc said...

Very cute! I love the twine nest! Great job on you furniture find, can't wait to see what you do with it!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the candlesticks! Where did you ever find such cute ones! :-) They turned out very cute!!
Lori

CRAZYMOM said...

OMG! Who would toss that out??
I miss the old say when I lived in the suburbs and people had more money than sense and would toss out great stuff all the time.
Yes. I am totally jealous. And I love the candle stick designs.

Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage said...

Heck yeah I am jealous!!! And I love your candlesticks!

Sausha said...

love the candlesticks - very cute. And the dresser - love it - cant wait to see what you do with it (if anything, it looks cute how it is)

Sausha @ {show & tell}

Nancy said...

I LOVE what you did with those candlesticks! Where did you find them? They are so cool!

I followed you here by way of Girly Stuff's blog. You have a cute blog with great ideas!

Nancy