Tuesday, March 9, 2010

before & after chalkboard

My friend's niece requested a chalkboard for her 6th birthday so she asked me to make her one.
She wanted it to be especially girly.

before & after
I used the Dial soap technique once again for a shabby look.  Then I used my stamps with acrylic paint for her name. 
This is such a fun gift idea.  You can find these old prints anywhere and you don't even have to remove them from the frame.  I just taped off the edges and sprayed chalkboard paint right over the glass.  These are my favorite kinds of projects.  
I hope Madi likes it.


9 witty remarks:

familyofsix said...

didn't know you could spray directly on glass...so good to know.
You are a genius!

Tiffany said...

LOVE this! The pin is so girly and sweet! The name is my favorite part though, the perfect personal touch! I LOVE the little flowers and the font of her name! Too, too cute! Great job!

Jami said...

gotta love that chalkboard paint! great project. :)

Denissa said...

Cute! I didn't know that you can paint right onto the glass! I'm on the hunt now for one ugly picture! :)

LuckyStarErin said...

Jill...this is so darn cute! I love the stamps you used for her name..it looks like they are handpainted. What is the Dial soap technique?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jill said...

OK - I give . . what is the Dial soap technique?

Anonymous said...

35276.....24383

Anonymous said...

35200.....95531