Thursday, January 14, 2010

Makes Mama Happy (PA edition)


Wow,
we are back from our "vacation" and believe me, I use that term very loosely!
While we spent our week in the keystone state I compiled a list of things that make me happy.

Here they are in no particular order.
1. Witnessing the most special wedding in recent Barnes history.
2. Uncle Garry informing me that Nate definitely married "up".
(Waaaait a minute, does that mean I married down???)
3. Our most hospitable cousins, David and Adrienne, who in a moment of temporary insanity agreed to host 12 adults and 8 children under the age of 5!!! Ca-RAZY!
4. Aunt Susan's driving history lessons. She knows where all sorts of battles were fought and where George W. (the original) liked to hang out.
5. The two preggo bellies I got to lust after.
(That's sounds gross. I just love some cute bellies with babies in them.)
6. Chick-fil-A and Wawa. Can we get some over here on the left coast please!
7. Okay, seriously, the Xanax that provided me the most pleasant flight I've experienced. I didn't pay attention to any turbulence or all the noises I normally obsess about. I know I told you I've tried the prescription in the past for flights, but apparently the dosing was way off. I was so relaxed I even fell asleep (unheard of). Apparently it made me speak really slowly, which I didn't notice at all, and I think that's really funny.
8. My favorite part of Audrey's vows where she said Jeff is the man she's been waiting for. Ahhhh. Tears were flowing.
9. "Sound" by Vera. My new favorite song. Get it on iTunes. Nate's cousin is the lead singer.


2 witty remarks:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I love all those bubbles in the pictures, I'm a sucker for weddings!

Macey said...

That's a great picture...and YAY for Xanax! I told ya about the dosing on my Ativan...it took me 3 pills to do the job!