Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Christmas Questionnaire

My little family all posed:


It's was that time again to take the annual family snapshot for my parents' Christmas card. It was actually quite painless this year. We had success (everyone looking and smiling) by the fourth try.

Afterward I sat the little bald boy and my girl down for some questioning.

Why do we celebrate Christmas?

Porter: You put up your Christmas lights and put up decorations on your Christmas tree and wrap presents for people.

Brooklyn: For Santa.

Is it someone's birthday?

Porter: Yes. Jesus.

Brooklyn: It's Mac's birthday.

How does Santa bring the presents in our house?

Porter: He goes down the "jimney" and puts presents in the stockings.

Brooklyn: Because he brings the presents and wraps them with cards.

How does he get to all the houses?

Porter: He flies with reindeer and his sled. Oh yeah, I want a transformer for Christmas too.

Brooklyn: He walks with boots and say Ho Ho Ho.

What are you buying your mom and dad for Christmas?

Porter: My mom a magazine and my dad Big Game Hunter.

Brooklyn: I bring you a new camera and I bring you a big ring. Can you wear my ring a little bit before I get back from work? I buy my dad a new big coat. He's big.

What is your favorite thing to do on Christmas?

Porter: Play in the snow and make a snowman.

Brooklyn: Um, my birthday is in October.

What is your best Christmas memory?

Porter: Decorating a Christmas tree.

Brooklyn: My best Christmas when I went to school, my very Christmas day when it was my birthday...when it was happening a present was broken.

I love this time of year!

***Scroll down to enter the ornament giveaway.***

7 witty remarks:

Melinda said...

Very cute!

Melinda

Patricia said...

I love when you do this it makes me smile!

Jane Anne said...

I love the interviews with your kids. So cute and so much fun to read!

Kimmy said...

I love reading all the posts about the cute & hilarious things your kids say! They are too adorable!

Macey said...

Brooklyn cracks me up. Love it!

Anonymous said...

So cute... Thanks for the card!! Heidi

Shannan Martin said...

What a fun idea! And ps, I love your argyle mixed with stripes. I'm all over that look! You look fab.