Thursday, November 12, 2009

Detangling Goodwill Style

The other day I went crazy on my bedroom. I did a huge purge and cleaned it for hours, only stopping 8 times to check facebook. I'm not even embarrassed to leave my bedroom door open now. Anyway I discovered that I had earrings and necklaces stashed all over the place. I even found a couple of items that would have been perfect with my 80's outfit. I needed a place to keep them organized. Then I remembered this thing in my garage that I picked up at Goodwill awhile ago.


It already had the hooks so I just sprayed on a couple of layers of Krylon satin black and nailed it to the wall. Brooklyn loves admiring my "beautiful necklaces". Her favorite word these days is beee-yoo-ti-ful, she stretches it out like that. Next up is a lot of painting and other stuff, but I have to wait for Nate to go hunting first.

11 witty remarks:

Macey said...

That turned out lovely! :)

Macey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn @ Livin' the Simple Life said...

That's "beee-yoo-ti-ful"! :) I love it when things are pretty and functional.

Melinda said...

COOL!



Melinda

mom2maya said...

This is a cute idea! OK I have a question, what about your earrings that have backs? Do you still use them on this?

KimMalk said...

@Cheap Chic Home. Pretty & organized--can't beat that!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Looking good...you made great use of this piece...thanks soooo much for sharing! Hope you have a FUN week.

Blessings,
Linda

cindy said...

Yep. I love this. I need my teenagers to love this. Because they steal my jewelry and I never get it back.

cindy said...

BTW, this post would fit right in with the party I'm hosting at my place. Feel free to take all my Diet Pepsi.

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Sweet! The screen part is so perfect for this!

Your post made me laugh in several places. I love your wit with a dash of snark. :)

Thanks for linking up to SNS!

Funky Junk Donna

Michelle said...

I have been wanting to do something like this, great job!