Monday, October 19, 2009

Recent Discoveries

1. Eating cold Pizza Hut meat lovers pizza and a pink frosted Twinkie in one sitting makes me feel really bad about myself. (really. bad.)
2. Sometimes I am capable of putting a really cute outfit together-like today for example.
3. Every time I try new scents or different brands of laundry detergent, I always go back to my favorite-Gain island scent.
4. Even though he annoys me to no end, I am really thankful that my husband 1. doesn't always agree with me, 2. isn't afraid to hurt my feelings, and 3. stands up to me. (I guess you just have to know us.)
5. For the last 4 years I have agreed with absolutely everything our pediatrician says, does, recommends, but when it comes to the H1N1 vaccine, I think I'm going to go against her recommendation and stick to my gut. (and pray a lot.)

6. Apparently it is frowned upon at AYSO soccer games to laugh when the opposing team misses a goal.

7 witty remarks:

Threebusybs said...

Jill,

We are not getting the h1N1 either along w/ most of our friends. Of the ones getting the shots are a family that just brought home premie babies and another that is becoming (hopefully) a surrogate birth mother next week.


If your kids are healthy with NO other health issues (asthma etc.) and you or your husband wont loose your jobs, house etc. if one or both of you get sick for a week or so, you should be just fine.

THESE ARE ONLY MY OPINIONS. ONE MOMMY TO ANTOHER.

Good luck and STAY HEALTHY!

Hugs,
Aimee

Macey said...

Oh, I love cold pizza. And for breakfast it's even better! Sick, right?
The H1N1 thing scares me. Pray a lot, that's what I'm gonna do!

Roeshel said...

haha

I enjoy getting to the girl behind the blog a little better. ;)

Roeshel

The Beavers said...

Hi Jill...I know the H1N1 is new and scary for us. Nathan and I have both been vaccinated...me being pregnant and at high risk and Nathan being so young. I have a lot of family that work in the medical field and I am 100% confident that the H1N1 vaccine is safe. Nathan and I have had NO side effects. The latest statistic (according to GMA this morning) is 80 young children have already died this year from H1N1 virus...already more than what die from regular flu virus. Anyway, I totally respect everyones choice on this...I know it's not an easy one.
Take care!

Jessica said...

H1N1 is scary and even if you wanted a vaccine, it might not make it in time. It may seem like common sense but the best way to protect yourself (and the kids) is to do proper hand washing. It's hard with little ones, to keep them protected. I don't know about yours, but mine don't really "get" it. I will educate them, they will agree and then I'll see them with their hands in their nose and mouth. I figure that I will try to protect them but also protect myself the most so I can take care of them if they do get sick. The nursing department lectures us daily on hand washing. Good luck!

Jane Anne said...

LOL at the soccer humor. Oh my, I watched the goal flip on a bunch of 4-5 year olds at one game. No one was hurt and it was really cute (and funny).
The pizza and twinkie wouldn't make me feel bad about myself. It would just make me feel ill.

samantha said...

It's hard not to laugh when you see such short legs running all around the post and not one of them can get the ball in the right spot. Or if you have to REALLY short Tritons who seems to try and help the other team score.