Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It's Halloween Time!

Having kids makes this time of year so much fun. Pumpkins and costumes are so exciting for 3 and 4 year olds! This is the first year Porter and Brooklyn had strong opinions about their costume choices. I'm the anti-character Mommy. My choices in the past have been mostly animals and I like the two kids to coordinate with a theme. Since this is probably when they will start remembering their Halloween experiences I decided to let go of my controlling instincts and let them pick out their very favorite characters. My only stipulations were no masks and no plastic.


Having fun at the pumpkin patch.

Porter was very serious about choosing the right pumpkin.

I found this cute little pumpkin.

Without further ado, we have
Yoda & Cheer Bear
(All of the Yoda costumes in my Halloween catalogues had rubber masks. I showed my dear friend a picture of what I wanted and she designed this especially for him.)
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

7 witty remarks:

David and Amy Sheldon said...

Love the costumes. Good rule about masks, its more fun to see their cute little faces! We are going to be down at my parents for Halloween/Ducks vs. USC. Maybe we will come and trick or treet at your house. You better have good candy!

Jessica said...

I used to be a non-character mom. The kids wouldn't have anything to do with that notion.

The kids are adorable!!

Macey said...

I don't care if they are characters or not. I think they're cute no matter what! : )

Lindsey said...

Great costumes! I love that Care Bears are still around! :)

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Love the costumes, love the pumpkins1

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

They look so cute! I know it is hard giving up the control, but they did a good job deciding what to be!

I love that picture of you and your daughter. SO cute. Love your striped sweater!

XOXOX
Jen

Samantha said...

Okay, um first of all you are GORGEOUS. Second, you are TINY. 3rd, I love your sweater. I want it.

HOT MAMA!