Wednesday, September 9, 2009

a lost cause?

So, I found these curtains at Goodwill, and I thought they were exactly what I wanted until I washed them and hung them up.
Yeah, a little on the short side.
No problem,
I can just add this other fabric to the bottom and the problem will be solved.
Hmmm...
Something is not working here.
I stopped before I put any more unnecessary sewing energy into this flop and hung them up for a look. Now, I do love the color of the fabric. The yellow-y beige paint on the wall-not so much. I have a gallon of Ralph Lauren "burlap" sitting here waiting for Nate to roll on. Everything is almost working for the look in my mind of jute rug, burlap walls, black rod, etc., but these "curtains" need some salvation.
Where do I go from here?
I seriously need some insight.
Please.
Help.
Me.

6 witty remarks:

Macey said...

Sew a ribbon or whatever those things are across the seam on on the bottom of the white section right on top of the stripy part. You know what I'm talking about?? I can not for the life of me figure out what the heck they're called. Binding? I don't know. Which makes me think I'm a complete dork. Or, more aptly put, the word that I have to type in for word verification. Yeah, right down there at the bottom: duche. Niiiice.

Mama-Face said...

What Mimi Said... :)

But my word verification is nothing to boast about as Mimi does. dang.

Jessica said...

Hmm, it actually looks kind of cute. Simple. But, I haven't seen them in person.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

They might be too long for the rod. I also think some trim right on the seam, but I would also put it up at the top too - for continuity (not sure that is spelled right).

David and Amy Sheldon said...

Alright for what its worth I feel like the white/cream part is too long... I like the idea of breaking up the two with a ribbon, but I feel like if you have enough striped material it should be longer. Another idea is some sort of pleat on the stripes to make them look a little mroe lively. Maybe a box pleat?? Take em or leave em, but you asked!!!

In answer to your Q? about my header, it's still on scrapblog waiting to be created. I feel like I can't find cute backgrounds,or pictures or stickers..... The mess in the kitchen is more important than an empty header that no one even cares about, except you, anyways. How is that for a ridiculousy long comment?

Shannan Martin said...

I think they're swell. You cannot go wrong with ticking. And I like the pooling at the bottom.

I know, I'm NO help.