Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Super Cute Birthday Gift in 10 Easy Steps (or Less)

DIY Day @ ASPTL

1. Yearn for a cute project.

2. Hope your sister brings over this wipe off board and asks you if you want it.

3. Say, "um yeah."

4. Spray paint the wood trim red.

5. Spray paint the wipe off part into a chalk board.

6. Find clear alphabet stamps at Wally (on clearance).

7. Stamp the alphabet with exterior latex paint (because that's what you have).

8. Finaggle an "r" because the clearance stamp set came with two "p's".

9. Stand back and admire.
10. Give to twins for birthday the next day.

23 witty remarks:

Anonymous said...

That has to be one of my favorite things you have done! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the alphabet!! Great job!
Lori

Kendra@My Insanity said...

Really cute!

I'm on a bit of an alphabet kick (I'm putting one on the wall). Love the alpha stamps! Never would have guessed about the R!

lil mama said...

VERY cute and simple!

kirwin @ graceful creative said...

This is such a cute idea! I love it. (A came over here via Kimba's DIY Day.) ; )

Pam @ This Humble House said...

Wow! What a cute idea! I love the font of the alphabet!

Macey said...

Great idea! Love it. :)

Jane Anne said...

Ummmm... 10 easy steps for a birthday gift? You make it look so easy. I'll take something like that.

The Fair Family Times said...

Love, Love, Love this! You are so stinkin creative. And you just reminded me that I need to blog my current projects! Ugh. Dang it...where did I put my camera!?! You've inspired me!

Anonymous said...

You might add that was a 50 cent find by your fab sister!!

Nicole A. said...

Love it! Awesome job! Love the red frame and the letters!

Stacia Howard said...

Super cute!! Good job Mama!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Adorable!! Love the way you managed to get an "R." I saw your profile, and I love MOPS too, but also hate mopping. ;) Great project, and thanks for the visit!

Unknown said...

What a great gift! Wish I had thought of something as crafty as that when my son was younger

Reid said...

LOVE this board! neat idea!

Joy said...

Does your sister want it back now that it's soooo cute?!?!

queenbee said...

Cute idea, I love the look of the letters at the top. Great way to repurpose.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

super cute - the hardest part would be giving it away!

Unknown said...

Yes! That is awesome. I love the finagled R. It is the cutest one.

This is such a great way to reuse that board. And it looks amazing. Have fun!!

Jennifer Johnson said...

Very cute! Hope they like it as much as Finn does his - he loves drawing on it!

Anonymous said...

WoW!!! Thank you soooo much! I lovvvvve it! You spoil me!!!!!~Shelley~

Connie said...

GREAT REMAKE ON THE BOARD, IT IS ONE OF THE BEST I'VE SEEN. LOVE THE ALPHABET ACROSS THE TOP.
VERY CUTE POST.

HUGS,
CONNIE

samantha said...

Very nice job. I do have the R for this set and the numbers if you ever need them again. ;)

Kimberly said...

Really cute!! I'm loving chalkboard paint!