Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Definition of Crazy.

My friend and I were having a discussion about our obsessive, anxiety ridden, control issues.
I told her that I decided the worst thing my husband could ever do to me would be to say,
"Let's go, I'm taking you on a trip to Hawaii, our plane leaves in two hours, I've taken care of everything."
(Just typing those words gives me a stomachache.)
For those of you who know me "in real life", you know exactly why this would be so devastating for me.
My exact thoughts in this exact order would be:
Who's going to take care of Mac?
Do the kids have their toothbrushes?
I haven't had a chance to mop the kitchen floor yet.
I need to shave my legs.
I CAN'T go.
I'm not ready!
The real icing on the cake would be if he told me that he had already packed for me.

The winner of the eb tee will be chosen on Friday. Enter now!

5 witty remarks:

samantha said...

where are my pills? I need to get a pedi first. Oh my bikini line.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jill, sad to say, this is so me too! Todd and I were just talking about this yesterday! I said we needed to plan a vacation and he said all those terrible, horrible things...."I've already taken care of it..." "I've got your Mom coming"...yatta yatta. The first thing out of my mouth was, "No, I won't go." Needless to say, I've got the same issues...and he was teasing me...lol
Janna

familyofsix said...

must have been Kasey you were having this conversation with. I am so ready for vacation but it is stressful and requires much planning when you have 4 kids. You crack me up!

Mama-Face said...

Ha, I used to fantasize about the scenario of the hubs coming home and whisking me away from it all for a week of vacation...until I realized that I wouldn't want him packing my suitcase. Let alone all the other little details to be taken care of. :)

Macey said...

He'd probably pack you a bikini and a thong. And that's it.