Sunday, July 5, 2009

Dumpster Diving (a new pastime)

Ok, ok, it is not as bad as it sounds.
For goodness sake, it was my sister's dumpster

The look on my brother-in-law's face was priceless when he saw my eyes fixate on what was sticking out of his garbage. Jason: "Jill, it's broken."

Oh yes, broken and beautiful.

I propped it up here for the pic, but my friend had a cute idea to put it in the kitchen with a dish towel hanging on it. It goes to show that one man's (Jason) trash is another woman's treasure. Maybe next time I can even score some pop cans.

13 witty remarks:

Patricia said...

What a fabulous idea Jill!

samantha said...

OH how I love you Jill! Keep the trash coming Jason. Come over this next week and we will go diving in the secret shed.

Macey said...

I so wish I had the ability to see the beauty in that kind of stuff. I love what you do! I will never be able to, I'm not that creative!
Macey

Jessica said...

That took a seriously skillful eye!! Cute!

Stacia Howard said...

Oh my! I love it!! And I love the idea of using it as a towel rack! OMG! I NEED one of these. I can totally see exactly where it goes in my kitchen already. LOVE IT! NEED IT!!

Kim @ Twice Remembered said...

Oh so clever! You are dumpster dive wise!

Anny said...

This was totally worth rescuing - your brother-in-law is a silly man ;)

Chris said...

I LOVE it. Hooray for dumpsters! And for your creative eye! So cute!

-G- said...

ooooh, that would look perfect in my kitchen!! love it!

-gayla

Linds said...

I LOVE IT. You're like me..."you dont want that? I'll take it and figure something out!"
COme see my end table refurbish from the DI! The guy at the check out was like... "umm, there's a hole in it"

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Visiting from Kimba's party. :) I love what you did. A real trash to treasure creation. :)

Ms. Tee said...

How very cute! Visiting from Kimba's party :)

Unknown said...

I love your friend's idea. Perfect towel rack. It is great and I never would have thought of it.