Monday, August 19, 2013

I'm PMS-ing...

...and I really wanted a chaser of chocolate chip cookie dough at 8:30 last night, right after I ate a bag of garlic Parmesan croutons.  Anyway, the shortening looked kind of funny and smelled kind of funny, but I couldn't find an expiration date anywhere on the can, so I went ahead and used it.  Well...the dough tasted really weird, I can't quite explain, but it just wasn't right.  Then I baked a few cookies to see if that helped and I ate two before I decided that they just weren't any good.  I asked Nate to eat one to get his opinion.  He took one bite and spit it out.  So there's that.

Today we started swim lessons for, like, the billionth time with these big kids.  I quit counting how many times they have been in level 4...I mean, the kids are just not born swimmers.  Porter-born soccer/baseball/basketball/tennis player-yes.  Brooklyn-born dancer-yes.  Swimmers-no.

We've got two weeks until school starts, and as much as I want to send them back to relieve myself of the 24-7 fighting that goes on here, leading to my 24-7 headache, I really am going to miss these lazy days of summer.  I love that there is no bedtime and sometimes even Gus is up until 11:00 because guess what, then they sleep waaaaaaay in in the morning and take really awesome naps.  It's going to suck trying to get back on a schedule.

Also, I'm getting super emotional about 3rd grade (Porter).  Seriously.  Third grade.  I have legitimate memories of third grade.  Specific.  Like outfits that I wore, pulling my tooth out in the mirror in the back of the classroom, learning cursive, the time I brought my teacher an apple and dropped it several times on the way to class and then when he saw that it was all bruised and asked me if I dropped it, I lied and said no.  I just feel like Porter is really going to remember 3rd grade.  I want him to have the best time.  I'm not sad about Brooklyn going to 1st grade at.all.  She will be fine.  I just worry so much about my tender hearted boy.  His teachers so far have loved him so much...you just never know what the next year will bring.  Oh, also, I remember in third grade when I learned how to make my hair looked crimped with a curling iron.  It looked awesome with my clip-on earrings. 

On a whim, we took all the kids to see Planes at the drive-in.  Never doing that again.

Then last night I had a dream that I found this hidden file on my phone that had saved all my messages from my high school boyfriend.

I really need a new vacuum, car, and house...
Also a Midol.  And another Diet Pepsi. 

 Another year of soccer camp under their belts.


2 witty remarks:

mapleleavessycamoretrees said...

Ugh...can totally relate to the PMSing thing. Really strugglin' with that recently. Being a girl sucks sometimes. Enjoyed this random post:)

Laurie said...

your posts still make me laugh!